St. Anselm’s Abbey School continues to monitor the developing situation concerning COVID-19. The School will continue to follow advice and pronouncements from the DC Dept. of Health (DOH) and the CDC.
This is a new paradigm for all of us, and we thank families for bearing with us as we move learning online. Students who have questions about distance learning should feel free to email teachers directly or reach out to their Form Advisors or Division Head.
Inform the school of any illness or suspected exposure. Please report any significant student illness, especially including a fever, to our School Medic, Mr. Zack Delgado. Likewise, please contact Mr. Delgado if any member of your household tests positive for coronavirus.
Travel – Please let the School’s medic, Zack Delgado know if you travel and contact him for any instructions before returning your son to School after the break.
Health and Hygiene -- The best practice for overall health in cold and influenza season and to avoid infection by COVID-19, is to engage in everyday, preventive measures to prevent the spread of germs and avoid illness, such as:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick – especially if you have signs of respiratory illness and fever.
- Follow “respiratory etiquette” and cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately discard the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Take any anti-viral medication prescribed to you as instructed.
- Get a flu vaccine – the vaccine is not supposed to protect against COVID-19 but it is still highly recommended in flu season.
The School is having frequently touched surfaces disinfected throughout the day.
Please be assured that every measure will be afforded to help students catch up on their work if they need to stay home because of illness.