Fall Scholarship Gala
We are looking forward to St. Anselm’s Abbey School’s 36th Annual Fall Scholarship Gala and Auction, "All Hallow's Eve" on Saturday, October 27.
Cocktail Reception and Silent Auction start at 5:30 pm
Dinner and Live Auction immediately following
Each year, our Gala brings in over $250,000 gross for current year scholarships, in addition to being a fun community gathering where you can meet new people or get to know others better. Every hour volunteering, every ticket purchase, and every item or dollar donated brings a St. Anselm's education closer within reach for families and their sons.
There are several ways you can help make our Gala a success:
1. Donate an item for our Silent or Live Auction — If you have a vacation home you would like to donate for a week or a weekend, please contact us to discuss adding it to our Live Auction . You may also solicit gift certificates and items from local business, or purchase and donate them directly to our Silent Auction .
2018 Donation Form
2. Current Parents - Donate to your Form Basket (see button above and to the right) and the Abbey Wine Cellar. Donate a bottle of wine to the Abbey Wine Cellar; If you are having your parent social before the Gala, you can collect the wine at that time and then bring it to the Development Office. Alternatively, you can bring the wine individually at the morning drop-off (a box will be in the front lobby of the school) or to the Development Office at any time during the day. Please do not send wine to school with your son.
3. Sponsor — Please consider helping with Gala expenses (see button above and to the right.)
4. Place an ad in our Program — By placing an ad in our program, you are helping to fund the Gala AND your ad will be seen by 300+ guests the night of the Gala who may be looking for the service you provide. Or, show our students you support their hard work by purchasing ad space with a personal message on it. Click on "Place an ad" (see button above and to the right)
to order online.
*Update: Inside front cover taken*
5. Volunteer — Parent volunteers are needed for every aspect of the Gala from flowers and decorations to registration the night of the event. Contact Kimberly Walhout (by phone at 202-281-1653) to discuss how you can help with the Gala. Volunteering is a great way to get to know other parents and it’s a lot of fun!
You can browse photos of the fun of the 2017 Gala, “Now and Into the Future” below. Contact Mary Kelly if you are interested in an individual photo.