St. Anselm’s Abbey School works to ensure that all students have the guidance and preparation they need to navigate the complex process of applying to college.
The College Counseling Office promotes the mission of St. Anselm’s Abbey School through its services to the schoolwide community. College placement is considered within the context of the spiritual, intellectual, and personal development and achievement of each boy. Counselors, advisors, teachers, coaches, parents and students are partners in this process. The goal is that each boy will attend a college or university that is appropriate for his continuing development into adult life.
College Counseling Staff
The duties of the College Counseling Office include the following:
- Provide students and parents with information meetings on the college planning and application process and financial aid.
- Conduct individual student and family conferences for advisement of college preparatory program, standardized testing, and selection of appropriate college choices.
- Recruit and host college representatives for school visits.
- Communicate with students and parents about college visits, college fairs, open house programs, and scholarship opportunities.
- Assist students with the preparation of application documents (essays, resume, US service academy forms, applications, and recommendation forms).
- Gather application materials (transcripts, school profile, etc.) for submission to college admissions offices.
- Communicate with college admission officers and representatives in support of student applications.
- Coordinate on-campus PSAT testing.
- Send transcripts and grade reports to colleges.
- Prepare a counselor letter which positively and accurately assesses the academic and personal growth, development, and achievement of the student.